Jofra Archer will miss the second test due to a niggle, so ideas about the England XI for that match need rejigging. What follows is my effort.
THE XI IN BATTING ORDER
- Dominic Sibley – his long innings at the start of the first match was crucial to England’s eventual success, and they will probably need more of the same from him.
- Rory Burns – his dismissal in the first innings was reprehensible, but up to that point he had batted decently, and this is no time for desperate replacements.
- Dan Lawrence – two failures in the first match, but with Crawley still not available it makes no sense to give this slot to yet another newcomer.
- *Joe Root – the most indisputable of all selections at this time.
- Ben Stokes – had a fine first match, and England will need him to produce something in this one as well.
View original post 244 more words